ELEMENT Watersports spot
ELEMENT Watersports is probably one of the best locations for kitesurfing and windsurfing worldwide. No matter if you are a beginner or advanced rider – our shallow and flat water lagoon guarantees the best conditions for your sport.
The lagoon is almost 5km² wide, making it the largest surfing area in El Gouna and one of the biggest in Egypt. Turquoise blue water, sandy beaches combined with constant and steady winds make our spot the perfect destination for learning and training kitesurfing and windsurfing.
- Biggest shallow flat water Lagoon in El Gouna - even deep enough during low tide
- Almost no stones and no riff in the lagoon! Its bottom is covered with 99% sand!
- Consistent and steady winds without getting gusty, as there are no obstacles upwind
- over 70% windy days throughout a year with more than 4-Beaufort
- temperatures starting from 25°C
- neoprene-free riding more than 6 months a year
Thanks to the constantly blowing trade winds El Gouna offers perfect surfing conditions all year round.
The wind usually blows side-shore. From early morning until at least 10.00 the wind direction is North-Northwest. It turns to north around noon and turns back to N-NW at the evening.
At noon the wind softens down a bit - the perfect opportunity to regain some energy! Have a lunch break in our restaurant and get ready for your next surfing session!
The summer winds are a bit lighter but are blowing constantly. In the winter there are more days with stronger winds which may reach more than 25 knots.
Welcome to our new ELEMENT WATERSPORTS CENTER. Not only is our location absolutely amazing, the infrastructure of our multisports facility is designed to State-of-the-art standards for kiteboarding, windsurfing, beach sailing and stand up paddling.
Our high-quality restaurant offers delicious cuisine on European level and satisfies even sophisticated tastes. Relaxing in our cozy chill out area will make your holidays unforgettable.
- Windsurfing Storage
- Kiteboarding Storage
- Windsurfing School & Rental
- Kiteboarding School & Rental
- SUP School & Rental
- Beach Sailing Rental
- Repair Service
- Beach Service & Landing – Starting Kite Launchers
- Reception & welcome area
- Chill out area
- Kids nursery & kids area
- Lockers & changing room
Where are we?
We are located in El Gouna, a small town 30 minutes north from Hurghada, in the Red Sea, Egypt. They call it the Venezia from Orient.
To get to El Gouna you take a flight to Hurghada Airport (HRG). Any Airport Transfer will bring you here within about 30 minutes.
(Once you are in El Gouna, you only drive 5 minutes north until there are no buildings or construction sites left. We are located around 2 Kilometers north from Abu Tig Marina, on our ELEMENT Beach.)
Downtown El Gouna: How to get to our Center
From El Gouna city you have two options to get to our center:
- By Tok Tok: Not only does it take you anywhere inside El Gouna, every TokTok driver will gladly bring you to Element Watersports. They will charge you 10 LE (~1 Euro) for one way per person.
- By Shuttle Bus:
The Bus at Mosaique Hotel/Fanadir Hotel leaves every 30 minutes, starting at 8:30 am until 10:30 am. Back to El Gouna:
Winter: 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Summer: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
The Bus at Ocean View Hotel leaves at 9:00 am and at 10:00 am. It brings you back at 4:00 pm or 4:45 pm.
- Do you prefer a more personalized service provided by Element Watersports? Just send us a message via Facebook Messenger www.facebook.com/element.elgouna. Fell free to choose this option and we’ll pick you up at your hotel – whenever you like.